Why pay more for your custom built stair case by calling the few local companies who have the name ‘stairs’ or ‘staircase’ in their company name? DFW Custom Wood Floors can work with you to be as creative as you like from simply replacing your carpeted stairs to hard woods or by doing a full restoration with new metal spindles/side trim etc. We would encourage you to check out our work (client referrals) and pricing before committing to any other local company! Many company’s build high margins into this line of work. Why pay more when you do not have to! Our clients sell our work so we will be happy to arrange a former client visit if you like? It is best to see one of our stair case designs in a client’s home before you decide on who to use! Then let’s see who you may select for your custom wood stair case!
One of the most visible elements of one’s home is the staircase, so why not upgrade your existing stairs to match your new handscraped wood floors. We can reinstall wooden or iron spindles, or install new iron spindles. Cost of each staircase can be very different, based on the following factors:
- Are you going to replace the carpeted areas with all wood steps and risers? Will the risers be stained or painted?
- Will the steps be solid wood from side to side or will the end caps (where the spindles come out of) remain or be replaced with one solid wood step?
- Will we be replacing wood spindles with iron spindles, or reinstalling your existing wood or iron spindles?
- Will we be replacing any of the finishing trim on the outer edge of your staircase?
- Will we be re staining your existing handrail or side trim.
- If you request new spindles, there are numerous types with varying price points.
There are many variables that exist when customizing your own wooden staircase. Customizing each staircase is different and therefore requires various levels on of both materials and labor. For the reasons stated above, the price points can vary on each staircase we create.